Chamber President & CEO Job Posting
This position is now CLOSED; the announcement of the new Chamber President/CEO will occur in September 2020.
Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce Mission
We are a member-driven organization whose mission is to build relationships, advocate principle-based public policy, and promote business and community prosperity.
- Position Title: President & CEO
- Position Type: Full Time
- Position Location: Utah County
- Position Pay: Negotiated (Base + Performance Incentive)
- Hiring Contact: Chris Yadon | email@example.com
The following qualifications are required. If a candidate does not possess these qualifications, they will not be considered for the position:
- Relationships with existing C-Suite business leadership in Utah Valley.
- 5+ years’ fundraising or sales experience to the C-Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Engaging, informed, and credible communication skills.
The following qualifications are helpful and will be considered in the hiring process, but are not required:
- 5+ years in a chief executive position.
- 5+ years’ experience collaborating with civic leadership.
- Demonstrated experience convening business leaders in decision-making forums.
- A postgraduate degree.
The following responsibilities are not comprehensive, but do provide critical areas of focus:
- Recruit, hire, and develop staff through direction, coaching, training, supporting, and delegating responsibilities;
- Develop and supervise an effective program of membership development and membership services;
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations, including accounts receivables and payables, budgeting, internal controls, and event planning and hosting;
- Develop and maintain an effective communications program responsive to the needs of the membership, including social media, email, advertising, podcasting, editorials, news releases, and blogs;
- Foster and utilize partnerships with local agencies, including other chambers, civic and non-profit organizations, media, and educational institutions;
- Take an active part in local government and advocate for legislation and ordinances that ensure a prosperous and healthy business climate and oppose measures that restrict opportunities and increase costs for businesses;
- Provide all necessary information and materials to inform the Chamber Board of Directors, elected officials, partner agencies, and members on appropriate issues;
- Maintain effective internal and external public relations;
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan that identifies critical issues that may impact the Chamber and its members, provides a short- and long-term vision and action items for the staff and Board of Directors, and an annual report of impact.
Interested applications should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of Interest
- Five Professional References